What is Paradox?
Paradox Operational Framework
FINE ART EUROPEAN FORUM: PARADOX is a not-for-profit organization established for the support, advancement and advocacy of Fine Art higher education. The primary aim of PARADOX is to represent the issues and developments in Fine Art education in Europe and beyond.
PARADOX was established in 2003 as part of an initiative of European League of the Institutes of the Art (ELIA) to create an independent forum for furthering Fine Art higher education. It is an independent discipline network; it operates under the auspices of ELIA.
- to initiate forums to reflect and discuss upon contemporary developments in Fine Art practice, education and research;
- to encourage critical pedagogy/andragogy promoting an engagement with contemporary Fine Art;
- to promote international co-operation between students, teachers and other staff members of Fine Art Higher Education Institutions and other cultural agencies;
- to collect and provide information among International Fine Art HE with a view to facilitate exchange programmes and joint projects;
- to represent and disseminate the views from International Fine Art HEIs and teachers to other networks and institutions through conferences, publications and other activities;